Where to go
The house of České Švýcarsko
Information center and internet café
Exposition České Švýcarsko – life, secret, inspiration
Seat of charitable trust České Švýcarsko
Křinické náměstí 10, 407 46 Krásná Lípa
The seat of National Park České Švýcarsko Administration
Official website of National Park České Švýcarsko: http://www.npcs.cz
Křinické náměstí (Křinické square)
The square got its modern look after an expensive reconstruction in 2010. It is framed by a diverse mixture of houses, which remain as a reminder of the several historical shifts that occurred in the town. Here we can find one of the oldest buildings in Krásná Lípa, beautiful townhouses, and also valuable subjects of modern architecture. The rivulet Křinice, which springs from the forests above the town and flows through the square, symbolically resembles the surface of a stone trough, set as a mosaic in the pavement, over which stretches a small bridge, guarded by the four elements. The academic painter, Herbert Kizsa from Kadaň, created the sandstone statues of Earth, Air, Water, and Sun. The modern fountain, tasteful furniture, and precise park adjustments invite one to peaceful seating. In 2010 after the reconstruction, the Křinické square won the title of Transport Construction of the Year.
The Saint Magdalene Church
It stands on the hillside above the plaza on the place of the original small church from 1361. The baroque look we see today comes from the year 1754 when Mister Hoffman from Lípova began renovations. In 1777 a tower was built, then, between 1816 -1818 a monumental staircase was built in front of the church. In the interior, we can find many beautiful altars and pulpits in the baroque, rococo, and classicist styles. The pews are in the rococo style. The staircase is decorated with a large cross, sculpted in 1818 from one piece of stone. In the former graveyard, which surrounds the church, we can find two surviving rococo tombstones from the years 1792 and 1794, along with others classicistic tombstones from the turn of the 19th century. The post-baroque vicarage with attic roof belongs to the church as well. In its garden is a statue of Saint Barbara from the year 1812. In the second half of the 19th century, there was a hill called Křížový was established with a chapel and cross stations. Unfortunately, it was destroyed.
The House at Frido, 4 Křinické náměstí
The oldest surviving house in the city is a textbook example of a combination of a baroque village timbered house with a base of a half-timbered house with wooden arcades. It was built in 1729 and used to be a center for local barber-surgeons, bonesetters, and the Zillichs. Development of health care in Krásná Lípa and the surrounding area is connected with the name Philipp Zillich. He was the first one in Czech who started vaccinating against smallpox in 1801. The house, which was almost demolished in the 1990's, has been reconstructed.
The neo-renaissance building with art nouveau elements was built between the years 1899 and 1900 as the headquarters of a savings bank.
The villa Hille of Elizabeth Hille Dittrich was constructed in the Neo-Renaissance style in the years 1885 – 1887, according to the design of Professor Rentsch from Dresden.
The Lion Sculpture
It was unveiled in 1908 on the occasion of the 60th Jubilee of Franz Joseph the First reign and the 50th anniversary of the establishment of the Association of Veterans in Krásná Lípa. The sculpture represents the Czech lion tearing up the Prussian eagle. It used to have a bronze memorial plaque on its granite pedestal from 1866 that had the names of fallen soldiers from the Austro-Prussian War. The creator was Klement Grundig from Dresden. The Dresden firm Brinling cast the statue for 30,000 Czech crowns.
The town’s park, 10.6 hectares
It was initially established (between the years 1888 and 1889) as a private park surrounding the mausoleum of Carl Dittrich’s family. Contemporary garden reconstruction, which took place between the years 2004 and 2006, divided the original park into the town park and a forest park. There are meandering rivulets, small ponds, well-tended paths, outlooks, gazebos and rest areas.
Carl Dittrich’s Family Mausoleum
The neo-renaissance mausoleum was built in the years 1888-1889 with a size of 10x10x10 meters and a unique heating system. Currently, it is not in good condition and talks are being held about its recovery.
The Town Graveyard
It has been incorporated into the town’s park and, at present, after the reconstruction is a green. We may find here many interesting and artistically valuable classicistic tombstones.
Cycleway – Transportation Crossroad
It is mostly an artificially established route leading from the square towards Cimrák Pond, continuing by the National Park České Švýcarsko Administration, leading to Děčín. The road that crosses it leads from the sporting arena across the town’s park towards the soccer field. It connects all of the important places in the town’s center. There are many relaxing areas and even a playground for children.
Relax - Center
fitness, sauna, massage, tanning salon, spinning
Pražská 506/6, 407 46 Krásná Lípa
Hours of Operation::
MO-FRI 15:00-22:00, SAT: 12:00-22:00, SUN: 15:00-22:00
Lípa Resort, Křinické náměstí 1180, Krásná Lípa 407 46
Hours of Operation:
Please call to make an arrangement.
Sports Arena České Švýcarsko
Reception phone number: +420 608 522 871
Pražská 615/27, Krásná Lípa
Online booking system:
The Arena offers:
- Multi-purpose playground: artificial surface, 42x36 meters, covered by inflatable concourse and contains two tennis courts – artificial surface of 11x24 meters, (for indoor football, tennis, foot tennis)
- Gym – multiple-purpose playing field with an artificial surface and facilities (clubroom, kitchen, locker rooms, rest rooms, showers). A playroom for table tennis is also part of the building.
- Refreshment in the trendy “SportBar” – in the summer months a covered outdoor terrace is in service.
- In the summer season (spring, summer, autumn – according to the weather):
- Central tennis court: artificial surface of 11x24 meters, bleachers that seat 100, lighting (tennis, volleyball, foot tennis)
- Two tennis courts: clay, size: 11x24 meters (tennis)
- Training tennis wall: clay
- Beach-volleyball playground: sand, size 9x18 meters, outdoor showers
- Playground for kids: artificial surface, 8x4 meters
- Multiple-purpose playground “Hauserka”: artificial surface (basketball, mini-soccer, volleyball, foot tennis, floorball)
- Miniature golf
- Climbing wall (height 10m)
- Children’s castle, monkey bars, slides, sandpits, railway, trampolines, gazebo with grill (must be reserved beforehand)
- Restrooms, showers, locker rooms
Hours of operation throughout the year:
Mon-Sun (including holidays): 8:00-22:00
Please see and download the list of prices for the sports grounds equipment rental valid from December 1st, 2016 to April 30th, 2017 here: download
Operation rules can be downloaded here: download
Rental application for the sports grounds can be downloaded here: download